Traditional Chinese Medicine Explained and How it Can Help You
In this 60 minute documentary video, Registered Acupuncturist Lana Marconi gives a high level overview of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
* History of Chinese Medicine
* Explanation of important concepts such as qi, yin and yang, meridians, acupuncture points
* Acupuncture needling techniques
* Gua Sha
* Tuina Massage
* TCM Nutrition
* Diagnosis (tongue and pulse)
* Patient expectations
* Health conditions treated using TCM
* Mental health and TCM
* Acupressure tips for stress relief
Teaching Video for Students – Meet Giovanni Maciocia, world renowned teacher & author of Chinese Medicine books. Giovanni is responsible for transitioning Traditional Chinese Medicine from the East to the West. His books are the standards in schools globally. The interview took place at the Canadian College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Mississauga, Ontario where Lana was a professor.
Question and Answer Video – I often get asked, “How does Traditional Chinese Medicine work from a Western Medical perspective?” Moreover, people ask me, “How do you know meridians are real when I can’t see them?” Here’s my brief response. If you have other questions about TCM please ask me.